This year 2021 the Catholics in the Philippines are celebrating the 500 Years of Christianity. The CBCP dedicated this year 2021 as the Year of “Missio ad Gentes”, the Latin for “mission to the nations”. We have decided to visit a church here in Metro Manila as our way to celebrate the gift of the Christian faith.
We created a map on the historic and beautiful churches that we have visited. This may be helpful guide for your future Visita Iglesia activity.
- Saint Andrew the Apostle ChurchSt. Andrew the Apostle Church Makati Address: 62 Constellation, II, Makati, 1209 Metro Manila Built by National Artist for Architecture Leandro Locsin in 1968, the design of this parish church […]
- Binondo ChurchMinor Basilica and National Shrine of San Lorenzo Ruiz (Binondo Church) Address: Plaza Lorenzo Ruiz Binondo, Binondo, Manila, 1006 History The task of conversion of the Chinese in Manila was […]
- San Agustin ChurchSan Agustin Church (Immaculate Conception Parish) Manila Address: General Luna St, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila San Agustin Church also known as the Archdiocesan Shrine of Nuestra Señora de Consolación y […]
- Malate ChurchOur Lady of Remedies Parish (Malate Church) Address: 2000 M. H. Del Pilar St, Malate, Manila, 1004 Metro Manila The Malate Catholic Church In 1588, in this village known as […]
- Saint John Paul II Parish – EastwoodSaint John Paul II Eastwood Address: Eastwood 1110 11800, Orchard Rd, Bagumbayan, Quezon City, 1800 Metro Manila Saint John Paul II was established as a parish on January 8, 2012. […]
- St. Pio of Pietrelcina ChapelSt. Pio of Pietrelcina Chapel – Eastwood Libis Address: Eulogio Rodriguez Jr. Ave, Bagumbayan, Quezon City, Metro Manila Photos: The St. Pio Chapel started off as a small room in […]
- Quiapo ChurchQuiapo Church The Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene known canonically as the Parish of Saint John the Baptist also known as Quiapo Church. Address: Plaza Miranda, Quiapo, Manila, Quiapo, […]
- National Shrine of St. Jude ThaddeusNational Shrine of St. Jude ThaddeusAddress: Jose Laurel St, San Miguel, Manila, 1005 Metro Manila The National Shrine of St. Jude Thaddeus The Chinese presence in the Philippines goes back […]
- Baclaran ChurchThe National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help in Baclaran, Paranaque, Philippines is the biggest shrine in the world dedicated to Our Mother of Perpetual Help. Every Wednesday throughout […]
- St. Joseph Cathedral Diocesan Shrine, Butuan CityDiocese of ButuanSt. Joseph Cathedral Diocesan Shrine When the Diocese of Cagayan was created in 1933, Butuan was part of it, along with Surigao, Tandag, and Malaybalay, comprising the entire […]